For Our Family and Friends

This blog is just for you, because we don't get to see each other nearly as often as we'd like. We love you all!



Monday, April 26, 2010

WE WERE IN THE NEWSPAPER!


What better way to start our blog than with a story about our newspaper appearance! Last Tuesday the 20th of April, Alex, Brooklyn, and I were at the Buckeye library for story time. A reporter from the Buckeye Valley News asked to take our picture, then started talking with us about why we come to the library. She and I talked while the kids did their craft, then she asked me to email her with a quote about the library that she could put in her story. That night I stayed up late working painstakingly on a good quote.

This morning, less than a week later, we visited the library again and one of the librarians told us that our picture was in the paper. I couldn't believe it was published already! So I went and found the stack of Buckeye Valley News and grabbed eight copies of the April 22nd edition so I could send them to my kids' grandparents and great-grandparents. I was excited to see what the reporter had done as I flipped open the first copy. Well, she got our picture in, but didn't put in my quote or a word about the Buckeye Library or storytime. Maybe my writing skills aren't up to her standard.

I don't think many people will see this newspaper clipping because it is in such a tiny town paper, but here it is for you to see. It's difficult to read, but there isn't much substance anyway. There's even a huge editing error in the last paragraph. It says: "The is great place to get two things done at one time going to the library and the park." Maybe I should apply for an editing job!